Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The protagonist's gender has been decided!

After several days of equal votes for both genders, one last-minute vote (procrastinate much?) broke the tie! Whiskey Tea Cafe's protagonist will be...


 ...Male!

Last week it seemed like most people were dead set on a female protagonist, and I went, "What? No one wants to read about some dude pouring tea and baking cakes?" However, male votes managed to catch up and both genders were tied until the poll ended today.

I was beginning to wonder whether I'd have to create another poll, come up with a tie-breaker, or draw depictions of both genders dueling each other for the right to be the protagonist.


...Which I did, anyway.

Well, that was my announcement for the day. I've already been writing up the character profiles and plot outline, so the first chapter should debut soon on one (or all) of the fiction websites. My motivation has been waxing and waning since I'm torn between working on my writing career and continuing my futile job search, but I promise you that this story will happen.

-J. S. Blancarte

No comments: